PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comet and Trident at Wroughton
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2019, 15:01
RetiredBA/BY

Received 45 Likes on 17 Posts
Yes, indeed, that sums up the attitude of the management of the SM. Moore appears to have absolutely NO Understanding of the AIr Navigation Order and airspace categories. The 500 feet rule is beyond their grasp.

What was worse was that after the glider incident , and finding that aerotow recoveries were not permitted, I told SM that I would ask the BGA to advise glider pilots of the fact. Along comes a certain Ben Melham, a SM manager of some form, asking me, telling me, NOT to advise the BGA of the situation.

I still have not worked out the logic of his utterly pointless request/instruction, crass beyond belief ! ...... and WE taxpayers pay these guys !

And it gets worse. After discovering the nonsense I had uncovered at the SM. I wrote to the Chair of Trustees, Mary Archer, expressing my deep concern at the ineptitude I had discovered, once to Kensington once to her home address offering to brief her of the situation. No reply !

I also wrote to all Trustees, again, no reply.
Perhaps, just perhaps, there was some form of interference here from the Director, I have my suspicions.

Following a meeting with my MP, the PM, I had a meeting with the COO but he flatly refused to discuss Wroughton. Too embarrassed?

There is most clearly something seriously wrong, deficient, with the management of the aviation aspect of OUR Science Museum.

The facts speak for themselves and I have a considerable amount of documentation to fully verify my statements, both electronic and on paper.

Last edited by RetiredBA/BY; 12th Jun 2019 at 15:17.