PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 10th Jun 2019, 13:21
oggers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bill fly

I don’t believe I said their fix wasn’t safe, although that has been well fleshed out in at least three threads here Oggers, which have all been closed due to repetition.
Ok so will you clarify if you believe the Boeing fix will be safe or not? If safe, what is the point of your list:

1) Decommission MACS feature and replace by a change to the mechanical feel in the control run, to achieve higher stick load at higher AoA with no stabiliser input
2) Build in a standby trim motor and scrap the trim wheel (see MD-80 for example)
3) Start from scratch with the trim electric logic and simplify the cut-out, column cut-out and trim switch confusion
...that adds cost and the potential to introduce new and unforeseen malfunctions, by comparison with the fix Boeing have come up with. Nor do I think there is any chance Boeing could get all those things done in the time the MAX will be grounded, which is an assumption your point is based on.