PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia recruitment
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2019, 06:19
Jimnhorace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Berealgetreal
What fleet are you on Jim?
Currently flying the bus but when i joined Virgin, there was only one type and no-one expected we would be any more than that.
I had interviewed and been successful elsewhere but my choice was to stay in Australia.
I am very happy with my choice and still would be if we were still a single fleet airline.
The point i wanted to make by posting was for anyone contemplating career moves, work out what is important to you.
If that is the quickest left seat in a big jet, then you will be heading overseas but if you value a life in Australia, then concentrate on getting a job here. it will take a lot longer to get to that seat but in the meantime you are enjoying the beaches and fresh air. Plenty of time off and a quality of life not found many other places in the world.
I have seen so many people give up their airline job in Australia to head overseas and then realise just what they sacrificed. Difficult for them to then come back to Australia and start their career over again but lots do and lots more wish they could. Even if it wasn't to work for Qantas.