PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dreadful Films: A Great Shame On Brave Men
Old 7th Jun 2019, 06:20
orca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Each to his own. There’s a big difference for me between a film with very minor errors and a bad film. (Which these still may be).

I wonder how many instances of this thing there are in real life? Even our older contributors probably weren’t there so who can say?

FWIW I’m well and truly in the ‘So what if some absolutely trivial details aren’t quite right?’ camp. If the actual events and in particular inividuals’ contributions are reasonable accurate.
In real life (like actual - like actually happened) I’ve seen medals in the wrong order, someone in someone else’s flying coverall post change out of goon bag, inappropriate (ISAF) medals worn, an officer mistakenly wearing a non commissioned hat, an officer saluting without a hat, I’ve even seen an officer salute the SWO (first). Squadron CO being out of rig...VSOs making up rigs because the real ones didn’t suit them,etc etc. Part of the WW2 mystique is the at times liberal interpretation of dress regs.

Anyway, well done spotters, award yourself an advanced spotting badge with bar.

Edit to add: Just remembered, a friend went on exchange and to blend in bought a local hat. His squadron kept it from him for the entire tour that he was wearing a female officers’ hat. I’m sure a film made about that unit would have an error in it somewhere!