PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IcelandAir fires Boeing 737 Max Pilots
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2019, 21:19
yanrair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pistonprop
Yanrair, if you want to make a point, don't taint it with incorrect information. It only invalidates you as a reliable source in these forums. The great majority of passengers survived that accident in Amsrerdam.
you are correct Pistonprop.
There were nine fatalities and a total of 117 injuries, 11 of them serious.[50](p29,178–180) Five of the deceased victims were Turkish citizens, including the pilot, the co-pilot, a trainee pilot and one member of the cabin crew.[52][53][54][55] Four were Americans, of whom three have been identified as Boeing employees stationed in Ankara and working on an Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) program for the Turkish military.[7][16][48][56][57]

The plane carried 53 passengers from the Netherlands, 51 from Turkey, seven from the United States, three from the United Kingdom, one each from Germany, Bulgaria, and Italy, and one from either Thailand[58][59] or Taiwan.[56][57][60]
END

I had forgotten the exact details , but not the crash which exposed some very bad crew responses. But my point was that even major crashes are quickly forgotten and I proved that by not recalling the details. We have short memories.
Y