PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 4th Jun 2019, 22:08
gums

Received 52 Likes on 15 Posts
Salute!

Careful there, VFR.

Lottsa difference in supervision and such besides total flying hours for the military folks. Figure about 200-250 hours of military training and then to the buff or nuke capable attack plane. Oh yeah!!! How many hours do the missile folks have that sit 100 feet underground and can launch a dozen ICBM's?

In my own case, I had about 500 military hours when I first sat nuclear alert up north waiting for the horde of Bears and Bisons destined for Chicago, Kansas City, St Paul, Detroit, and such - the "central flyway".No offense to our Russian folks here, as we all know what was going on back then 50 years ago. I was an Air Defense Command interceptor pilot.

The difference is that the military crew is not flying a nuclear mission several times a week and has tons more supervision and cross checks than a nugget civilian regional route pilot.

So let's get back to the issue here that will have a dramatic influence on all commercial aircraft development and testing. Huh?

Make no mistake. The Boeing 737 MAX certification process and their engineering solution of an aerodynamic problem is gonna have a long lasting and serious impact on Boeing as well as the entire commercial industry. Just me speaking.

Gums sends...