PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Airspace Modernisation Proposal & Consultation
Old 4th Jun 2019, 07:39
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Capn Bloggs

I suppose you support/ed Class A above 245??
Bloggsie,
Interesting you should raise that ----- many moons ago, there was an interesting piece of research done about C versus A at high level ---- what it meant in the real world.
The outcome --- over the period studied by Airservices, 12 months or so, the only effect of A was that a number of survey flight, involving a grand total of two aircraft, had to get concessions for each series of flight, instead of just getting a suitable clearance, for a VFR flight. I doubt anything has changed.
In short, A provided no additional risk reduction versus C. There was no "safety" issue.
Do I have an issue with A at high level, not really, I just recognize that it provides no measurable risk benefit, compared to C or B.
Having said that, I do not think much of the idea that a number of countries do not have tight requirements for operation at high levels ---- indeed, last time I looked, the continual prevalence of G (or F) was, in my opinion, a serious risk management issue.
Tootle pip!!