PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing notifies FAA that parts in Max and other 737s may be ‘susceptible to premature
Old 4th Jun 2019, 04:37
DieselOx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow. All engineers are the same. I work with them every day as a designer. Spend months working out a well engineered, exacting design. Send to production. They mess it up, ask if the faulty parts will be OK. Engineer walks out to the floor, takes a cursory look, signs of a QA form, says ship it.

Every damn time. The only rejections are for parts than actually leak, won't fit up for the customer, or will cause an immediate short circuit. Factor of safety cut in half? NBD, it passed the hipot test after baking for half a day, it's good. (it's not, half fail in the field). ( this is not aerospace, but lots of transportation and miltary components).

So why did you spec it like you did, if you just roll over when faced with out of spec parts, Mr. Engineer?

I hate lazy engineers. And I'm done with Boeing. Maybe with flying altogether. No one has the attention span to actually become skilled at something anymore.