PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Airspace Modernisation Proposal & Consultation
Old 3rd Jun 2019, 04:29
Capn Bloggs

Received 73 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Luddie
And yes, in the Hobart case, if the traffic levels only required G (which they don't, D is where it is) all A would do is increase costs without without improving the actual separation assurance outcomes.
Nicely dodged. The fact is that Class A at Hobart tomorrow is safer than Class D or G.

Unless, of course, you believe banning VFR aircraft entirely is right and and proper ---- and, considering that proposition, you are probably unreasonable enough to believe that is reasonable.
Garbage. I'm on the record here, more times than I can remember, saying VFR is welcome into any airspace. I just don't see the logic, or the safety, in running two parallel airspace worlds together, using unalerted See and Avoid as the only defence. Every aspect of society has advanced in leaps and bounds on the safety front. Aviation is going backwards because of the Free in G brigade. It will take only one midair at Hobart (or Alice with the new class E) and you lot will be running for the hills. Or will you be on your soapbox blaming Aussie Jet pilots for not looking out, or quoting some stat that said it was always going to happen even if it was Class A? You lot were given a warning by the Tobago. But you will never learn.

I don't mind mixing it with lighties, provided there is some system in place to reduce the risk apart from me looking out the flippin' window.