PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-5
Thread: Jet2-5
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2019, 12:18
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrecife

Originally Posted by ROC10

I am no professional but this is all news to me – never once have I heard of any 738 requiring a tech stop on flights from ACE to the UK. I have also flown from ACE many times on 738s as far as EDI and this has never been an issue. I suspect this would be medical or due to a technical issue with this particular aircraft (I believe it was also delayed on the outbound from BHX).
I am no professional either but if the aircraft is carrying a snag and just maybe it was a planned diversion. FR24 definitely shows this flight closer to North Africa coast than any of the previous 5 flights indicating that it might have been planned.

I was on a Dan Air 1-11 Palma - BHX and the captain warned of a tech stop at Gatwick as we were restricted to 24000 as one of the aircon packs dropped out (made it direct in the end but uncomfortable on the ears for a few seconds) but the Jet2 was at 34000 feet between ACE-FAO so nothing like that.

As for regular issues out of ACE, like you I am not aware and the temperatures are fairly even in the Canaries so it does seem unlikely and that is why I presumed it was medical. However the FR24 replay clearly shows no deviation in track or height at any point and the Jet2 website has LS1202 ACE-BHX delayed arriving BHX 01.15 and FAO-BHX LS1202 cancelled!!!!! Confused - I am

Pete