PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 1st Jun 2019, 20:45
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Salute!

Excuse me, mister hector , and sorry to not refer to those switches on the control column that most of us refer to as "manual electric trim switches" as opposed to cranking that wheel on the center console.

Most of us are also fully aware of the numerous ways Hal can trim the stab, and we have even looked at and commented on the electrical wiring for the MAX with MCAS.. As Paul Simon said in a song, "there must be 50 ways to......",

In all three MCAS incidents the "manual electric trim switches" worked and countered the rogue MCAS trim commands. All three, according to the FDR traces. And one crew went manual real early whether they understood what was wrong or not ( their squawk comment was "STS working backwards", and you can look it up on post 2,56x or whatever).

The beef with the MCAS implementation is that the corrective procedure for "runaway trim/MCAS/x" disables those column switches that worked on all three incidents. GASP!!! I don't like it, and I would have raised a stink if flying a route in those planes.

@smythe...... a great New York Slimes link and maybe even more damning evidence for the juries to consider in the upcoming lawsuits, ya think?

Gums sends...