PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Exams under Polish CAA
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2019, 19:29
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Banana Joe: Well what is being done is going through the questions writing down numbers of attachments and then asking for them to be printed. While they are being printed you do all the other questions. Then in the remaining time do the graphs at least those that cannot be done well enough to be sure by using the mouse pointer on screen.

Either way the point is factorization whether or not we should disregard LDR and only factorize when its clearly stated commercial flight or if we should factorize when its written LDR like in the question bank. Because learning the numbers from the question bank it just takes ages because you have to learn all the numbers to be sure it is the exact question.... and there are new unknown questions.

A little feedback since I did 2x exams already in the 3rd session, principles of flight and mass & balance. First of all there was no queue for the exam so I got surprised, then second of all maybe it was a bad draw but I drew on both exams like 40 % unknown questions (and I really did all in both question banks and for mass & balance I am sure I would remember a question if I saw it before). In priniciples of flight I failed one correct vs incorrect question so it automatically failed the next question asking about the same thing. In the end 82 % and the worst exam result from 10 exams done, then mass & balance got probably even more unknown questions but the subject is so easy I still got 93 %, should have got 100 % but misclicked some calculations in the calculator looks like. The first time pass is still alive and average over 90 % with 4 exams left.

Now I plan to do Performance on monday and if manage to be prepared enough do Planning on friday, then only airframes and meteorology will be left for 4th session in July. By the way Airframes and Meteorology got 80 and 84 questions.... so it should be very easy because statistically its almost impossible to get over 25 % unknown ones + you have to fail like 20 or 21 questions to fail. All exams should have so many questions the more they are the less impact on % from getting some very strange question.

Some more feedback: did not meet any LDR graph (just casual LD) on my Perfomance exam or any of the strange questions got 93 % result and the exam was not bad, but probably I also had a lucky draw. I will do the remaining 3 exams in the 4th session in July. Planning is the only hard one left for me, and if someone is interested there was so to say no queue in June. In July according to the man at the CAA it will be much more crowded so its good to come early.

Last edited by KT1988; 13th Jun 2019 at 10:49.