PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2019, 13:00
dr dre

Received 356 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeps
Dr Dre,

If you read the latest information that’s not what is being stated at all. I have to say I’m surprised at how transparent they are about disconnecting the ‘academy’ with the group at all. There’s also no cadet program so you go there and pay your money to learn how to fly then after you can opt to “keep in touch”.

I, like you assumed they they would at least BS more about it.
Actually on second reading I think you may be on the right track.

It’s still a bit vague on what will happen post course, maybe it’ll be cleared up in the coming months but there is scant info out there on the current info.

One thing is for sure, youngsters are pretty clued on and connected these days, so unless a more guaranteed path is established in fact, and real advantages are shown to be had by going through this academy, then youngsters will probably turn their gaze elsewhere. At least the other programs (Rex, JQ, VA) have a more defined route into the airline post course.

Having said that, given the purpose of the academy is to establish more direct control over the pilot supply pipeline I would predict they would establish a direct pathway into the group, lest their trainees be poached by other carriers.