PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 31st May 2019, 11:16
cattletruck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glenb my heart goes out to you for choosing to live by your convictions, and you have my utmost respect in choosing to stand by them and go down this path, but surely you must be aware that you are dealing with a bureaucracy that at times can be seen to be incredibly naive, bumbling, and inept in the worst kind of light with the way they conduct themselves.

If you were a fly on the wall in these kinds of organisations you would soon see the molasses the staff have to swim through to get the most simplest of things done through no fault of their own. These kinds of government organisations are mostly dysfunctional when it comes to straying from the straight and narrow for reasons too varied to mention, and a small part of that has some minuscule relation to aviation.

As best as I can tell from the information you have provided, AFTA is at the end of the day just a document, albeit a practical one thanks to the incredible efforts put into it by yourself and CASA staff. But the truth with these organisations is that every w@nker and their dog with an idea of any kind is producing documents that demand attention from everyone, however nobody actually reads them, they are ultimately filed away in a repository I refer to as a cemetery for documents. Your valuable efforts are then quite easily drowned by those with no practical experience in aviation.

Currently I have a gig with the feds (not CASA) and I see this kind of thing everyday. It was only last month when I was threatened with my job because I didn't support a change, which turns out to be motivated by some overpaid bimbo contractor after his bonus by completing what seems to me to be a very dubious task before EOFY. I am not alone here, and there are other staff in the organisation that can see through the crap but our efforts in swimming through all this molasses turns out to be just another occupational hazard.

My message to you is not to bleed yourself dry, it really aint worth it, the illogical modern corporate practices used by these organisations are stacked up against the people they serve including themselves. I can't see the situation getting any better unless we either a) go to war or b) there is a major recession.