PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is the percentage of commercial pilots trained by foreign schools in Australia
Old 31st May 2019, 05:49
Dick Smith

Received 68 Likes on 27 Posts
Icarus2001, you seem a bit angry. Is that why you post anonymously?

Regarding Aldi being the most profitable, I’m simply repeating a claim which is regularly made in the financial sections of newspapers. I would imagine they are referring not to gross profits but to profit as a percentage of turnover.

It is important about owners being secretive. Capitalism, to succeed, requires trust from everyone and minimum extremes of wealth. The Aldi owners (Karl Albrecht Jnr and Beate Heister), are worth $40 billion. They are not known as philanthropists but they are known to be “highly secretive”.

They will have an immense influence here in Australia. I have always predicted they will be incredibly successful because they only have half the overheads regarding employing Australians.

They are also not on the stock exchange so they don’t have that overhead. Of course, Woolies, Coles and IGA have to share their wealth with all Australians through super funds and shares.

You have probably seen what has happened in France. The same thing will start to happen here in Australia because the billionaires have doubled their wealth in five years, whilst most Australians have possibly just kept up with inflation.