PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R22 Helo crash YMMB
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2019, 04:44
machtuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gulliBell
I strongly suspect they know exactly what happened. By the look of it, perfectly level at touchdown, which is great, but the sink rate a bit too high, which is not so great. As evidenced by the big divot in the turf and the ball of yellow scrap sitting next to it. A bit late on the heave at the bottom, or a bit too early on the heave at the bottom. A 59 year and a 79 year old on board. Interesting. I assume the trainee was the older participant. Why a 79 year old would want to be partaking in such an exciting escapade is the big mystery in all of this.
I too was thinking their ages especially the 'senior' driver BUT we can't say anything abut that these days somebody will become an upset princess...lolol I guess one could look at age V risk like a roller coaster graph. When yr young you are fearless taking all sorts of risk just cause you know no better then approaching middle age other influences have an effect of yr level of risk taking, family, the wife especially so you ease it up a little, watch more than participate in dangerous stunts like light Heli flying. As yr age advances rapidly towards the so called best years of yr life you start thinking gee what have I got to lose here, am gunna die soon enough anyway why not, lets go play heli flying at 79, what's the worst that can happen? Other than being dead it's being posted on PPRUNE...lol