PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PR Firm strategy needed to regain the public trust?
Old 27th May 2019, 18:12
Green-dot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loose Rivets

Originally Posted by Loose rivets

Well, just the first bit would have cost a reported $Bazillion* to redesign the centre fuselage/wheel bay. My guess is, that's why they didn't do it.
Reposition the LEAP engines? Hmmm, very powerful engines and now with the original leverage arm giving a greater nose up pitch upon application of high power. Perhaps some software could be written that . . .

*Thinking about the figure. The R&N post told of a very high figure which I now tend to disbelieve. But there's no doubt it would have been a serious chunk of change. Very small change in hindsight.
If you had read my post correctly very little or no center fuselage/wheel bay redesign would be needed. Wing yes: taller gear moved outward with 737 twin wheel assembly retracting into the current wheel bay and a pylon to bring the engine more aft and lower where it should be to make the aircraft aerodynamically stable (at higher AoA) without the need of a "band-aid" named MCAS.

Indeed a very small change in hindsight when compared to the present situation.