PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DXB Light Aircraft Crash
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2019, 11:11
Chilli Monster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pilotguy1222
This is is why CM’s post are a little off. If he/she had known they were working on the lights, maybe he/she could then see a possible wake encounter, especially given the wx conditions.
When I was doing the job up to 18 months ago Wake Turbulence was never an issue, because I made sure I knew where and what the traffic was that could be a problem and gave it the requisite spacing. I never once had a wake turbulence encounter whilst doing Dubai, or any other airport because I have an inbuilt fear of being scared witless. Plus, it’s better to waste 30-60 seconds at the start of a run and get it right, than have to throw it away and waste 5-10 minutes repositioning to do it again.

Every other crew I would have thought operated in the same manner.

As for the comments about the DA62 being a single pilot aircraft - UK CAA mandates two pilots during Calibration operations, in addition to the flight Inspector in the back with the electronics.

Somebody mentioned taking the aircraft out there just to do 6 runways. Again, an incorrect assumption. At least one aircraft is kept in the Middle East to service contracts in the UAE, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, ad hoc work in Saudi and Kuwait, plus Bangladesh. At times there have been two out there working at the same time.

And it’s only a 2 1/2 day transit.

Last edited by Chilli Monster; 27th May 2019 at 11:42.