PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 Stuck Manual Trim Technique
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2019, 23:17
yoko1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Takwis
Or...

3 The MCAS inputs were barely manageable...six out of seven pilots exposed to an MCAS failure did not know what to do, and four of the seven are now dead. The problem was childsplay, however, for yanrair, 737 Driver, boofhead, and a few others... from their armchairs. Boeing built the airplane, Boeing came up with the training, Boeing concealed the existence and behavior of MCAS, and now Boeing SAYS it is fixed, even though there was nothing wrong with it in the first place.
I don't think anyone here is saying MCAS wasn't the problem and doesn't need to be fixed. However, as we all know aircraft accidents almost always have multiple causes so it is not a matter of it being an either/or fix. There has been a consistent trend over the past decade or so implicating crew skills and/or knowledge in commercial airline accidents. The skills a crew brings to a particular flight will be a direct result of their training, experience, and environment. Some of these are under the control of the pilots in question, but much of it depends on the training and corporate cultures of their employers. By laying all/most of the fault for these accidents at the feet of Boeing is, in effect, giving a pass to all the airlines out there who want to keep their pilot hiring and training costs to an absolute minimum. I seriously doubt MCAS will ever be the cause of another commercial airline hull loss, but I willing to bet that inadequately trained flight crews will be.