PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PR Firm strategy needed to regain the public trust?
Old 25th May 2019, 17:54
AviatorDave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chas2019
I just heard that Boeing has hired a PR firm to rebuild/repair the public's trust in the 737 MAX series. To the guru's of this forum, what strategy might they employ to convince the public this aircraft is now safe? I was just wondering could work? I am new to this forum so hope my question is not naive.
The problem with „convincing the public“ is that noone can be trusted in this case. Not authorities, not „experts“, not PR agencies, and certainly not Boeing. There is too much at stake: cash, employment, an American icon. Much action will be going on in the background to sort this out favorably for Boeing.
The public knows this, and hence they will be very suspicious about anyone giving them a show about a now safe airplane.
Just renaming the MAX into something else won‘t do here.

Trust can only be restored slowly. Let the MAX fly cargo, FAA and Boeing people for a year, crewed with average line pilots, not some Boeing test pilot hotshots. If it turns out that it stays airborne and the public doesn‘t get headlines about one coming down every month, regular airline operations might be considered again.