PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing admits flaw in 737 Max flight simulator
Old 25th May 2019, 08:07
bill fly

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Average etc.

In past years in my airline pilots were qualified after each check as
Above (later changed to High) average, Average, Below average (possibly requires extra training) and Failed (out if happens twice).
The average was supposed to be the average for that particular airline, which was supposed to be pretty good.
However this changed to Qualified and Not qualified (which required remedial action). I think that is what we have to look at - not whether someone has a licence - we all have a licence - but whether one is qualified to the professional standard demanded by the airline and stipulated by the manufacturer.
I for one would not like to be a pax in an airliner piloted by two guys who had a licence but had not passed stringent company requirements.
And by the way this qualification was applied on check rides and sim checks but there were also training (refresher) flights where all hell could be let loose to train combination failures. These were not qualified sessions but if someone screwed up further action (training) was given.