PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fastest way to pass ATPL
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2019, 16:38
Shaft109

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I managed to scrape a 94% pass ratio by just wasting time after work too for months and months.....

Seriously mate it's one thing to get the exams out of the way quickly but another totally to simply memory dump without understanding anything then expect to hold professional position.

When I did my twin rating MEP my instructor would ask - gasp - questions related to the theory and expect me to link it to practice as light twins can be killers if you treat them casually.

FWIW my ATPL goal was 80/20 - study the subjects well enough to actually understand the subjects and recognise the padding that is of no use to be discarded.
Then I'd spend my lunch hour in the car at work with the BGS folders and actually this proved to be my most productive time for learning.

Once home I'd have tea and a brew then start studying without a time limit until I recognised my mind had stopped absorbing say 90 mins.

Brew time

Then start again and repeat until my mind flagged out.

Continue this cycle until I passed everything first time in 18 months working full time with days built in for other stuff to rest my mind.

They aren't difficult but are time consuming for a reason.......