PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ME3 hiring 1900 pilots?
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2019, 07:03
WB1900

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TP pilots

Originally Posted by glofish
Reading still seems to be a major problem on here ....
I stated: "The step from low hour prop directly onto B777 and even more A380 is a challenge that would require a lot more training that the company does not provide".
Certainly B1900 pilots got offers, because the desired jet experienced pilots from 737/320 no longer apply, too unattractive the conditions for them. Cadets have to be employed here due to national pride, they however get a lot more training. If you would have read all the relevant threads, you would discover that i have always criticised this zero to hero career in favour of a step via FlyDubai 737. That would resemble logical, classic careers (and not what the butt stupidly invoked with his 777 circuits).
But making the same multiple step omitting incorporation of more foreign pilots, with very variable backgrounds, WITHOUT adapting the training syllabus comprehensively is what we criticise. They can all be potential astronauts with their skills, i didn't doubt that, but give them the training, steps, hours and exposure. If not, its the skippers on the front who have to deal with some lack of assistance and the soon to be skippers from the new lot will not even realise no more this lack of assistance.
You can blame the messenger and try to ridicule his contributions as much as you trump, the problem will not go away!
interesting to see how jet pilots think over TP pilots
with no offense but most speaking about how bad TP pilots are u can’t be any more wrong
if u hire TP pilots from proper company’s they will have it way easier to fly a jet then u think
manual handling skills are by far better and if u think they can be lazy during an approach because it is so much slower only shows u never fly a a TP
most modern TP use HGS for cat 3a and have to switch of the autopilot at 1000ft to finish of a CAT 3
during eng fail conditions u can only switch on the AP at accel alt because of it limitations
have u ever thought what’s the appr speed of a TP ?
the recent ones range around 130 to 135 it and at point anti ice is not on yet which in some cases is another 20kt on top
so pleae don’t tell me it’s the speed, the appr cap, or the weight all of these arguments are utter bs
there is nothing what can’t be learned as lr or Ulr is a different. Ops - there is only one factor do you as a trainer trainer to succees or check to death
the attitude I can read here is just pre judgments and nothing else
TP pilot don’t need extra training or something else they just like u need a normal training - most off u judging here had the luck to start at a company which gave proper training and then u came to ek - ek does not teach does check only and pre judge on statistics nothing else