PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing admits flaw in 737 Max flight simulator
Old 22nd May 2019, 13:41
GarageYears

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pilotmike
And there's the rub - anyone can spout off about what they'd do from the comfort of a chair at a table during cocktail hour, loaded with a beverage or 2.

It is all rather removed from the confines of a flightdeck with the stick shaker rattling your vision, doubling your pulse rate, and drowning out any noise from the trim wheel which is highly likely to be doing exactly what you want and need it to be doing for you... until you realise that it is no longer your friend, and it has put you in an in-recoverable corner in a matter of seconds, while you're gathering your ***** together over the stick shaker and other unbelievable symptoms which just don't add up.

Pass me another bevvy, 'cos the alcohol is beginning to work its magic on me and I've got a few more views on how bad pilots are these days to get off my chest while I have an audience... now sit yourselves down, make yourselves comfortable, and recharge your glasses!
I'm beginning to wonder if the pilot-less aircraft isn't really the answer then. Given that the folks up front apparently can't handle a real emergency, might as well not be there at all.

The "unbelievable symptoms" were discussed in great detail after the Lion Air loss, were they not? Stickshaker on one side, trim goes wonky after the flaps are retracted and the AP won't engage.... meanwhile let's leave the thrust at T/O and off we go.

- GY