PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged Diabetes Thread
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2019, 13:06
flyingwhiteknight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Driftdown89
Flyingwhiteknight, I hope all is well after your diagnosis. Not the easiest thing to come to terms with...

I have a Class 1 medical with T1D and so I'm not 100% sure if the requirements are the same but I'll pass on what I had to submit anyway - it pretty much ties in with what you've written.

A report by my treating consultant. Written as per the diabetes report specification found on the CAA medical website.
90 days worth of blood glucose monitoring (3-4 times a day)
Blood Tests - HbA1c, Liver and Renal Function (eGFR & ACR), Lipids
Complications - retinopathy report, neuropathy report, nephropathy report, stress ECG
Completed medical flight test report signed by CFI or TRE

All this was submitted to the CAA and within 2 days, I was invited to attend a consultation with the consultant running the diabetes protocol with the CAA. A couple of weeks later, my Class 1 was in the post.

Currently, I'm restricted to G,EI and OE registered aircraft. You can fly on the Class 3 medical in the US but not sure if the Class 2 will 'piggy back' across.
many thanks for your response. That sounds about right. Some of tbe CAA docs are hard to follow so thank you for taking the time to respond

cheers

ashley