PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 17th May 2019, 17:42
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is more a terms and conditions question but do you get asked in the interview whether you wish to be employed or self employed contractor or is it first asked if you pass the assessment? Because I wondered if you can be self employed and bonded or do you need to pay the whole type rating in case you wish to be self employed?

I do also wonder if it is possible to go from employed to self employed if you change bases, because for example in nations where you have some strange Ireland schemes its maybe not so beneficial to be self employed (I do not know its very complicated and touches national law of Ireland + the national law of the nation where you will be based) but getting a base in Poland with the Ryan Air Sun Polish self employment model it is very beneficial and give a lot more netto salary without any problems with the tax law. Because I believe even when passing the assessment its not like you can choose a base for example in Poland so I wonder what would happen if someone gets a random base and based upon this chooses to be employed and then bid for a base change to Poland and wish to be self employed instead after getting the base and what happens with the type rating cost etc. or is it even possible to do it like this?

Does anyone know anything about it and when in case is the proper moment to ask Ryanair about this (just not to make it the main subject at the interview because maybe the interviewers will not like it that the main subject is the base&employment and not flying) or do you get asked about it during the interview?