PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US administration blames foreign pilots for 737 Max crashes
Old 16th May 2019, 12:55
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Salute!
I take issue with the title of this thread. Seriously, it should have been "WaPo claims administration blames foreign pilots" Who says? Who?
After all, that biased rag had the story about the president retrieving the Pope's cap when it blew off as they were cruising a small pond. President Trump calmly stepped over the side and walked out on the water, grabbed the cap, and gave it back to the Pope. WaPo headline was "Trump can't swim!"
'nuff politics, but WaPo is notorious for anti-administration stuff since 2016.
=====================
I watched the hearing and was disppointed in a few of the legislators, but felt the FAA and NTSB dudes did well.
The FAA explanation of the U.S. delay in grounding the plane made a lot of sense. In short, they had to have a high probability connection to MCAS or another system, and rule out coincidence and such.
The FAA administrator pointed out that they had reviewed almost 60,000 flights and only had two dozen or so related to the shaker or STS or even the AoA sensors. Zero MCAS incidents. But when Lion and ET had similar profiles, then data from the Canadian air data company ( FR24 clone?) got their attention. On a personal level, I resented the politician that came across like some of our Yeager, Hoover and Doolittle folks here. The FAA dude did not rise to the bait, and explained that his outfit had an important interest in any carrier that flew into the U.S., as well as any U.S. carrier that flew into the other countries. He avoided casting dispersions on their training or flying hour requirements or....
The hearing you should have popcorn ready will be when Boeing folks face the interrogation, and that's despite the ignorance of some cmte members..

Gums opines.....

Last edited by gums; 16th May 2019 at 20:38. Reason: carify opinion in italics