PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2019, 04:15
ariex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AirKiwi777
Cheers mate! And when you were yourself in college like myself, did you focus on particular subjects that helped you get into a Flight school? Is it necessary to do well in Physics, Maths, and English? Because iev been getting Merits in all my advanced physics and maths but my parents say it isnt good enough.
Yeah I immediately applied for flight schools out of college to some success. Physics, Maths and English is important so it is good to focus on it. Based of the interviews I have done it is good to focus Maths and Physics because it was pretty prevalent in the entrance tests. You should also work on mental maths as it is important for not only for the entrance exam (The NAC entrance exam at the time I did it did not allow for calculators and all calculations have to be done mentally or on paper) but further on for Airline interviews. Regarding NCEA work this is generally the same for most flight schools and the requirements are
NCEA Level 3 Certificate, or equivalent, with a least 14 level 3 credits in an English-rich subject (English, History, Art, Geography, Biology, Classics, Art History, Journalism, Media Studies, Religious Studies, Physical Education), and at least 14 Level 3 credits in a numbers-orientated subject (Calculus, Statistics, Physics, Chemistry, Accounting, Economics)
Also as I got caught out by this although it says Physics counts towards 14 L3 credits in reality it does not.

Last edited by ariex; 17th May 2019 at 00:49.