PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is the grass really greener? Perspectives from an escapee.
Old 15th May 2019, 10:10
FRYVA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: P2X

Take this for what it’s worth from an anonymous person on the internet who has been there.

Once you have 1000hrs+ as a (preferably) type rated FO nobody, and I do mean nobody these days, cares about the rest of your logbook and how it is made up. At that 1000hr FO point your P2X hours then could well be F18 hours as far as airline recruiters are concerned. Until you get to that point your P2X hours are worth very little unless your airline of choice is absolutely desperate and it really just puts you in the same pool as the low houred non-TR guy. I know of one guy who joined a UK major on a big jet on the back of P2X only and the old Head of Training at said airline has since confirmed they wont entertain that idea again and he basically ended up doing a full rating on something else.

If you’re 21 and fancy HK for a few years I still maintain it’s a great start to your career. It is a lot of fun at the start. The second you start thinking of settling down, bang out immediately. CX is an utterly toxic place to work and it can’t be done on what they currently offer.