PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2019, 04:18
ariex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AirKiwi777
Hello i'm a year 11 college student in NZ, i was just seeking the web for advice and so i thought this would be the best place to search for, anyways for those of you who are a student pilot or who have been through training or are commercial pilots now (in NZ) which flight schools would you recommend and why?

Cheers!
P.S. i'm a new user to this forum type format thing so excuse me for any mistakes!
I am a student pilot and have gone through quite a few interviews for flight schools recently. In my limited experience I would also recommend Nelson Aviation College. From what I have gathered through interviews they are have a great balance in schedule, professionalism and friendliness. Much like what Thewnz said I also recommend completing a PPL through your local aero club if you can afford it as it looks good on the application because it shows you have the commitment to the industry in a way. Also depending on your local aero club it is actually cheaper to get your PPL at an aero club compared to a flight school. If you have any questions PM me or reply and I'll be happy to answer.