PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian
Thread: Norwegian
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2019, 08:31
rog747

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
I think it has been well reported that RR has put aside 100's of millions of £ to pay 787 affected airlines compensation due to the engine issues.

I could assume to pay means cash compensation, rather than offer future sweeteners...BUT we do not have that info, nor likely will we.

So far there hasn't been credible reports of Boeing doing the same as yet, re the MAX, but surely brand new planes do have some sort of warranty attached to them - ?
Most MAX are leased and not owned by the airlines - so do the lessors stop paying the lease fees, and the airlines stop paying the lessor?
I guess the MAX affected airlines at this stage do have to pay now for the ACMI leases they are scrabbling around to find uplift with for most likely the rest of the summer season at least.

We really cannot pontificate anymore as we are simply not employed in the Accounts, or the Commercial Departments of any of these airlines, nor are we privy unless they publicly announce exactly what their terms are with RR & Boeing in these unforeseen circumstances.