PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAI into Clutha crash opens
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2019, 03:09
toptobottom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by high spirits
Toptobottom post #73
I flew with DT(as did many on this forum). He would never entertain deliberately crashing a helicopter and I never witnessed an argument with anyone he operated with.

I know this is a rumour forum, but that’s quite frankly out of order..... please stop.
high spirits - when the inexplicable occurs and all rational circumstances and behaviour have been thoroughly investigated, it's normal to start looking at seemingly ridiculous reasons, however unpalatable they may be. By all accounts DT was an excellent pilot, but he was still human and humans (as we see with alarmingly increased frequency) have a habit of appearing to behave perfectly 'normally', while harbouring psychological issues that only surface when it's too late to prevent tragedy. If we ignored certain avenues just because "I knew him and he would never do that", we're denying that unknown mental health issues exist and can manifest themselves in unpredictable behaviour. Sorry if you're offended, but it's a possibility that cannot be ignored, just because you never witnessed an argument between him and his colleagues.