PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2019, 02:23
Gypsy Heart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kris7y
Thank you!!!! I applied mid March and you? I just read that you have an assessment day on Friday. A bit confused as I thought recruitment closed around end of March but super happy you got through as well!!!

I was interviewed by two male staff but everybody else had one on one interviews. Are you based in Sydney?

I wrote an interview review on glassdoor which I will copy and paste here for you."Interview
I applied online on indeed. 1 week later, I received a link to fill out a behavioural-styled questionnaire e.g. "give me an example.. tell me a time when.." very simple and straightforward. I waited roughly another 1 week and a half to 2 weeks and received an invitation to attend an assessment day the following Tuesday.

Assessment Day
- Arrived at the centre and went upstairs to meet the other candidates (Make sure you turn your game face on! Introduce yourself, smile and be extremely friendly as recruiters will be watching with/without your knowledge)
- Called out individually to collect our folders (to put our cv and documents in) and get our photo taken by recruiters and will be given a coloured sticker to be put in groups later on
- After, we all went downstairs to get our identification verified and height measured. During this time, continue to introduce yourself to staff and other candidates. AGAIN, recruiters will be watching you.
- After identification has been verified and height measured, you'll be taken into a lecture room to watch a presentation of the company and the role. You will then have to individually stand up, introduce yourself and tell everybody where is your favourite place and why? A tip: Think of a different and unique answer and stand out so staff can remember you
- 5 minute break after presentation
- Will then be grouped up by the colour of your sticker; group activity, written test and 1:1 interview commences and in no particular order so make sure you're very well prepared!! Written test was extremely easy as well as group activity. You will just need to be confident in public speaking (group activity) and make sure you verbally participate as much as you can and as enthusiastic as you can as again, recruiters will be watching you (for me, I did the written test first, group activity and then ended my day with the 1:1. After the third activity, you can leave) Group activity consisted of designing a new uniform for Qantas, what are there new values etc

1:1 interview
Personally, I reckon I didn't do that well in the 1:1 (I was actually interviewed by two staff while mostly everybody else was interviewed by one. The reason is after the previous activity, we were told to wait around for interviews that were being done prior, walk over and choose who to be interviewed by so choose wisely I guess) and you could tell I was really really nervous. I kept having brain farts in the middle of giving my answers however I realised the key is to be confident and act like you're having a normal conversation with a friend. Despite all of that though, I was still successful and I believe it is because I gave my all in the previous rounds (e.g. participating, introducing myself to staff, getting to know the other candidates etc) I guess they saw something in me lo l

Overall, it was a very fun day and the staff/recruiters were extremely friendly and made us feel very welcome."
Wow! Thanks for the summary! Sounds Pretty straightforward. Was the written exam a psychometric test? Was it timed?