PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2019, 02:21
Gypsy Heart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kris7y
Hi everybody! I'm new here and am currently in the recruitment process for Qantas as an international cabin crew based in Sydney. I did my medical exam today whilst still in the process of my background check.

It seems like I only have 1 more cross that needs to be ticked off before the final results. I received a call from Qantas last week to book in my medical exam for today and during the call, she said if both my background and medical checks are successful, I will be attending ground school on the 1st of July (She gave me three dates in which I can choose from - 1st of June, 1st of July or 11th of July)

I chose the 1st of July so that gives me time to save some money for rent during my time in training. I did, however, called Qantas today to clarify if we get paid during ground school. She didn't sound too confident (as she wasn't apart of Talent Acquisition) but she said more than likely if we are offered employment before ground school. On lower rates/minimum rage of course. I wouldn't rely on that information too much as she isn't part of the department, but I thought contracts/employments will be offered after training? Does anybody know?

Also, does anybody know if we'd need to obtain First Aid certificate before ground school?
Yes, you get paid during training. Slightly reduced rate to what you receive when you start flying.