View Single Post
Old 8th May 2019, 20:26
NutLoose

Originally Posted by Stu666 View Post
Thanks for the advice all, the lady in question has since been in touch and advised that her insurer will be in touch soon to arrange repairs. Still unsure whether I need to bother contacting my insurer?

In answer to previous questions - the fencing was professionally installed less than a year ago, so I want to ensure the replacement materials and workmanship are of the same quality I paid for. I've had too many negative experiences in the past where the culprit has persuaded me to take the DIY option in order to save money (to their benefit, not mine).
Fence near me which was huge in length had a car cross a junction and go through it, the wooden panels would never match the ageing panels so the whole fence was replaced, it depends on the quality of the insurer, when Carlisle had the floods, some houses had the kitchens replaced but the water never reached the wall units so they were left with the old items, others i know carried chairs upstairs but the sofas were ruined, they ended up with none matching three piece suites, others got the lot replaced. At the end of one street a better insurance company turned up with an insurance company portacabin to deal with their clients, others were not so lucky.