View Single Post
Old 7th May 2019, 20:56
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Originally Posted by Stu666 View Post
Thanks for the advice all, the lady in question has since been in touch and advised that her insurer will be in touch soon to arrange repairs. Still unsure whether I need to bother contacting my insurer?

In answer to previous questions - the fencing was professionally installed less than a year ago, so I want to ensure the replacement materials and workmanship are of the same quality I paid for. I've had too many negative experiences in the past where the culprit has persuaded me to take the DIY option in order to save money (to their benefit, not mine).
Stu, it is no skin off your nose to inform your insurer. Make the point you are not claiming. They will in all probability say thank you and leave it there.

As for matching, when my gate post was knocked over I got my builder to give me a quote, their insurance company was happy and gave me the cash. Get your own quote too for like for like. If the insurers contractor does not do it to your satisfaction you can point out that your man could have done the job.
​​​​​