PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2019, 02:31
737 Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MurphyWasRight
737 Driver
I see the wisdom in much of your post, one thing to keep in mind though is that we have glaringly incomplete CVR facts, not a transcript just some snips possibly selected to shore up a particular point of view.
This makes it impossible to know all of what was discussed etc during (and before) the flight or the full extent of interactions.

As I have said before something was going on while the trim was in cutout mode, we just have not been told what.
I agree it is an incomplete picture (which I did acknowledge), but there are some broad enough outlines from which we can draw some conclusions. If anything comes out that substantially alters our current understanding, then I'll be happy to make a correction.

As far as what was going on while the the trim switches were in the cutout position, are you referring to the gradual movement from 2.3 to 2.1 units? It apparently occurred over two and half minutes. I'm interested in seeing what the board's thoughts are on that as well, but I should point out that in the context of the overall trim movement, it is a very small and slow creep.