PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best Electronic Pilot Logbook
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2019, 09:01
MerNion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After 2 weeks they replied to my mail:
"blah blah... Your message got my full attention ! I understand your point of view and your disappointment. To address your concerns, I'm attaching a Personal Letter from our founder Pat, explaining the background.

CrewLounge PILOTLOG comes with more than 500 improvements. This Blog Article outlines the major changes. To take advantage of our temporary grandfathering program, follow the guidelines from the website FAQ page.

I truly hope you will join our new journey soon !"

And they attached a pdf from the founder which I attach below. Between all others he says:
"That puts me in a difficult situation, as I gave you my word with a lifetime use of mccPILOTLOG. From a legal point of view, I do keep my word : You can continue to using mccPILOTLOG for as long as you want. You continue to receiving our support whenever you need assistance. mccPILOTLOG continues to run, including the expensive cloud servers that sync and backup your flight data. We are only terminating further development and software updating. However, in the future, your logbook may encounter issues when the surrounding operating system (Mac, Windows, iOS, Android) is updated, or when your airline makes changes to the crew rostering system. Therefore, we invite all pilots to switch to CrewLounge AERO today."

I asked for a refund of the mccpilotlog because it no longer works for my airline and they refuse to update it. Lets see what happens now.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
mccPILOTLOG_migration.pdf (360.8 KB, 55 views)