PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2019, 02:53
mixed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RAA Flight Schools - how to choose when there are multiple at a location?

Any advice on how to choose an RAA Flight School when there are more than one available, assuming similar re pricing so taking this out of the equation. E.g. for RAA Pilot Certificate training/course. How about:
  1. The range/size of their RAA fleet? One with more aircraft of the type you may want to fly after getting the certificate perhaps? (e.g. slightly easier than trying to rent aircraft from a different company/school at the same location when you didn't get training from them - or perhaps this isn't an issue?)
  2. Type of aircraft to learn in: e.g. Sling vs Tecnam vs Fly Synthesis Texan etc - one better than another to learn in? (I'm guessing not necessarily)
  3. Instructors - guessing this is difficult as hopefully all would be good at each school & any feedback would be based on hearsay - could go meeting/discuss with each school to get a feel yourself perhaps?
Examples of locations near me where there are more than one flight school would be for example: Caloundra and Redcliffe

I'm thinking currently probably putting into consideration (a) meet each school to get a feel + (b) putting some weighting on the fleet of planes they have available to fly solo after training...