PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is the grass really greener? Perspectives from an escapee.
Old 5th May 2019, 04:45
Slasher1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that's what is both frustrating and comical about the situation at the same time. I did ALOT of dumb things as a kid, but can't remember being this willing to elaborately rationalize doing something really really dumb against just about everyones' better advice.

I get the image of an old timer looking at a kid with a can of gasoline he's about to use to start a bonfire. He carefully explains how gasoline more explodes than burns when you light it, and that the kid is about to hurt himself. He even leads him over to some kerosene to use instead (or maybe even diesel). The old timer goes as far as to show the kid scars on his hands and arms from when HE tried to light a bonfire with gasoline -- not having the benefit at the time of someone being there with experience and genuine concern.

But nothing he says or alternatives he suggests has any impact. The kid pours the gasoline on the wood, lights a match, a huge WHOOOOOOOOMP, and you get to read about him in the news.