PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2019, 02:00
wonkazoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fate may be the Hunter but Fear is the Killer...

If I have to read "Turn off the Magic, Set the Pitch, Set the Power, Trim the Aircraft, Monitor the Performance, and Move the Aircraft to a Safe Altitude" one more time my head is going to explode like a pimple on a teenage girls nose.

I have no idea why a few very well-invested individuals here are pounding this drum so loudly and consistently, but for the umpteenth time your incredibly abrasive repetition ignores the fact that in order for your hypothesis to work (If airplane is doing something you don't expect, like, etc...) you need a rational fully functioning mind to interpret the data and act the way you want them to act. Turn off the Magic, Set the Pitch, Set the Power, Trim the Aircraft, Monitor the Performance, and Move the Aircraft to a Safe Altitude only works with a human mind that hasn't been incapacitated or significantly diminished.

Someone else has properly offered here that the ET incident may well be traced at it's most basic human factors core to the impairment the pilots experienced due to the previous Lion Air crash. In other words: Their consciousness knew how the last one went down, so their bodies responded accordingly, which left them poorly equipped to actually perform the steps you have been seemingly demanding that they do since shortly after they in fact died.

I shared my own experience in the hope that people would gain some insight into pilot (human) incapacitation and cognitive impairment, but obviously those words were lost in translation. (If you are new to this discussion search on my username for a post roughly a week ago...) I have no idea what particular windmills the small group of devout believers in Turn off the Magic, Set the Pitch, Set the Power, Trim the Aircraft, Monitor the Performance, and Move the Aircraft to a Safe Altitude.
are tilting at, but I can say I wish you would go away and find somewhere else to haunt, or at the very least find some other new expression to convey your "opinion." (Quotes because to me the words express ignorance, but I know they are offered as informed opinion...)

We get it- (we got it a week ago actually) you think the pilots crashed perfectly flyable airplanes. (You've said nearly exactly that...) Let's move on...

Regards-
dce