PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Direct Entry Second Officer
Old 3rd May 2019, 17:07
BBB7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by a334
Good day all

I recently received an email regarding my application for a direct entry second officer position and I'm in the process of submitting my documents. I am from Canada and yes, I have read a bunch here regarding the SO position and how utterly bad it is... now the thing is, I have been trying to start my career in aviation for a few years and between working the ramp in -50 and flying up in the boonies as we call it here (northern Canada), the SO position seems A LOT more enticing to a young, single 25 year old like myself... yes I know, long upgrade times to JFO, long boring cruise hours, no take offs or landings, expensive city to live in, etc, etc. If I look at my present situation, worst case scenario I upgrade to JFO by the time i'm 31/32. By that age i'd be lucky to be on a narrow body at one of the majors here if I got a job flying in the next couple months. I just wanted to see what the opinions are nowadays. I am still going to go through with the application and the interview, should I be called in for one. Feel free to PM me also
Hi,
May I ask you how long it took from the day you filled in the application form to the day when you got a mail to submit your docs or the first reply from them?
Thanks for the help.