PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question on Colour Vision & Class 1 Medical Over 60
Old 2nd May 2019, 11:12
Lead Balloon

Received 419 Likes on 209 Posts
My attempt at a mixture of advice, criticism and irony has apparently failed.

Arthur Pape is the heart of the CVDPA. My suggestion that [OP] ask the question of the CVDPA is, as a matter of practicality, precisely what you suggested [OP] do.

The fact that [OP] appears not to know that the CVDPA exists suggests to me that he is not a member of the CVDPA. Given what [OP] has said about his history, I reckon it’s pretty slack that he’s not an active member of the CVDPA. That’s my opinion and I’m not apologising for it.

Avmed will do to [OP] what Avmed chooses to do to [OP]. If you’ve read what Avmed said in the relatively recent O’Brien matter in the AAT, which arose from Avmed’s attempt to trash all of the good work of Arthur Pape that benefitted [OP] and many others all those years ago, you’d know that my ‘rant’ is simply a statement of Avmed’s opinion on pilots with CVD, at least at the point of the O’Brien decision. I hope that Avmed’s position has changed, but I have absolutely zero confidence in Avmed’s ability to be swayed by objective evidence or objective risk.