PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2019, 23:59
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts
Lost in Saigon #4673

It has been said time and time again: MCAS is not for stall protection.
Yes, thank you. After reading what is probably nearer 6,000 posts, and many other articles, I think I've got the hang of what MCAS is, or is supposed to be.

Having just read the AV H article in the parallel thread, I posted on some of the issues, and implied the impossibility of average crews comprehending the BackUp switch circuitry after a quick read in. If the AV H's questioner's knowledge is correct, things are very, very different to the concept of two switches simply being in series.

I also mentioned one of my main bee's in bonnets. The second (underfloor) column switch - which may or may not be there, and if it is, allowed to function at all times. In the same question, they made an eye-opening statement about the switch function. It's going to take time to absorb the circuitry at the bottom of the article, but again, it's not as straight forward as I'd thought.

Crash: Ethiopian B38M near Bishoftu on Mar 10th 2019, impacted terrain after departure

The posting, again, of the old out-sourced fabrication issue a few posts back. Could this be connected, though some time after the associated whistle-blowing.
14 - Russia's MAK revoked the certificate of airworthiness for the entire 737 family (from 737-100 to 737-900) three years ago claiming they found an issue in the pitch/altitude control system of the aircraft (suggesting that at least the Tatarstan crash in Kazan as well as the Flydubai crash in Rostov may have been the result of that weakness) but did not receive a satisfactory response by the FAA and Boeing, also see News: Russia suspends airworthiness certification for Boeing 737s, but does not prohibit operation of 737s. What was the issue they found?