PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation jobs T&C, employment/self employment & national laws
Old 1st May 2019, 18:12
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@2unlimited: So you are trying to tell me that a company have no legal right to refuse a contract or to end it after the period included in the agreement with the contractor? Seriously? Have you never ever seen that companies as business to business can refuse renewed contracts with a certain company unless they get a new better deal?

Seriously do you believe only employees can resign from their job? What I just told you is a situation in which the demand for pilots or exactly said captains will be greater than supply of new captains (I do not include FOs since people will always wish to get their first airline job, even if it was for free) the company would definitely not wish to fire all or almost all of its captains in such a situation. Because that would result in grounding of all the aircraft..... and it would be impossible to get them flying again without giving new contracts to the self employed captains since not enough other captains would be interested in the job at current terms and conditions (demand exceed supply). Its the basic law of economics and the free market the law of supply and demand.

Regarding employment: So if you are legally employed but in Eastern Europe you will not get all of this that you are talking about. So tell me then why on earth should someone wish to be employed and not self employed while working in Poland for example? As for bargaining power do you believe small companies working for a big company can not negotiate together really?

Explained what that it does not fulfill the criteria of being self employed in certain nations? Can you imagine that there are no worldwide law for every nation on earth that dictates what are the criteria of being self employed? Seriously are you not getting that law is different nation from nation and that there are no criteria that apply to the whole world.

Every nation have DIFFERENT laws, therefore for example Norway can jail people for speeding even if the whole world does not do it and may think that its crazy. Still no one can force Norway to not do it, the same way with laws regarding taxes and business they differ between different nations.