PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation jobs T&C, employment/self employment & national laws
Old 1st May 2019, 12:50
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@2unlimited: Its the employment law in Lithuania from the state so you have exactly the same chance to negotiate a better employment contract with an airline as you have to negotiate a self employment contract. So tell me why do you believe the airline will give you more if you decide do be an employee than if you decide to be self employed?

So again, you did not explain me how you get paid if reporting fatigue when you are employed and not self employed in an Eastern European nation and not in Norway where you can send an egenmelding. Its no difference if you are employed so why pay more tax and get lower salary if you are not getting paid either way.

You talk a lot that self employment is bad but you fail to explain what benefit it is to be employed instead when you are not living in Norway but for example living in Poland or Lithuania or in many other nations in the world?

As for practical solutions I believe you can report fatigue to your airline no matter if you are employed or self employed and then you will probably fly an another day when you would normally not fly and get paid the equal amount since you believe most people at for example Ryan Air or Wizz Air get to fly 900 hours per year either way. And since you can not fly more than 900 commercial hours per year then you would not get to fly more if you did not report the fatigue. As for airlines like LOT I believe you can risk not getting many more than the guaranteed 45 hours in that month if you report fatigue but probably they will just give you a flight when someone else report fatigue or sick that fly the same aircraft in the same position (FO or Captain). I have not worked for any airline so I do not know and I am honest about it.

But the point is: What benefit in reporting fatigue or anything else do you get from being employed instead of self employed since you believe employment is sooo much better. And we are talking about Poland, Lithuania, Eastern Europe etc. itd. not Norway where being self employed do not give you any benefit since you still get equal tax and where you actually get something from being employed. I can agree with you being employed in Norway is good, but what about the rest of the world especially Eastern Europe why being employed should be good for you?

As for using national school or roads: How can the state take value added tax from me when I buy anything from bread to a home, if it does not wish to give me anything in return? How can the state ask me to pay 70 % of gasoline price in tax if it is not to maintain or build the road? How can I have to pay road tax (like bompenger in Norway) every time I use A2 or A1 autobahn in Poland if its not to pay for the road? I do already pay the tax for all that stuff plus I actually pay tax as self employed (from what my aircraft earn) just less tax than if being employed. So why should big companies pay less tax than pilots, doctors, plumbers etc. ? Pilots, doctors, plumbers etc. deserve not to be taxed more than the big companies. Oh and I do actually pay the medical part of ZUS (mandatory but not income dependant) for normal hospital (I still prefer to pay additional for private one), I just do not have to pay the income dependent part for pension but the basic one (and will not receive one) since I do not even believe there will be any pension for the employees or anyone else after ZUS go bankrupt or it will be peanuts.