PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2019, 03:35
Yesse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Basics

Originally Posted by wingdeagle

Yesse, despite that you keep sounding like a broken record every time someone has a question about VNA, do you mind explaining what you mean by “SFO” ? It’s a term you keep bringing up. Do you mean “San Francisco” or “Second Officer” or what ? Thank you.
Ok, first, tell me if i said something unreal in any of my comments, if so, then i will demonstrate "again", i have no problem, really. And yes, somehow my heart was broken after 15 years flying in VN, when i see how everything changed, but much more, because i saw how they play with the people lives just by dirty money. What they did 2 years ago, shows up what they are. 15 years ago they were waiting for you with the open arms, today, they look at you like something they want to kick out as soon as they can. Today they are suffering a bit the consequences, the local guys are running away to Bamboo, those guys who were trained and defended by the company for free when they were nothing, their whole life as pilots, are running away, and Bamboo is paying the penalty for them. So the company tries to fulfill VNA always with local pilots, and local pilots are always backbiting the company as soon as they have the chance. The company hates expats, only they shows you that they are happy to have you there if they really really need you, same as now, but is just a matter of time, that they will do again what they did 2 years ago. When? I don't know, but the plan of the company is there, get rid of expats as soon as they can. The only one good thing, is that the local guys moves where they receive more money, because is the only one thing they care. Its obvious, the local guys just uses VNA for the experience, because they have everything for free, training, Type ratings, even initial pilot license if someone had good contacts, then when they have theTR, they fly the A321 as cadet... And after 2000 hours, upgraded to Captain. So easy, same as they like, everything done. That's why they have lower salary, and the reason of because they have to pay the penalty if they want to leave, because in fact, all they have belongs to VNA. The company is always trying to find the way to pay less. They can't reduce the salary of expat ( they would love to ) because if so, everybody will leave. To have an idea, there are people with contract with VNA who are 6 years old... There are many like this, i saw with my own eyes. This is because someone puts their children also in some position, just to suck more money. So, they need you to fly like crazy, doing the dirty job that local pilots they don't want to do, to feed all these mouths who are eating for free.
This is not a broken heart talking, this is an angry person who saw the corruption and dirty play from VNA, so i try to warn all new pilots trying to join the company. If you ask me 15 years ago, i would tell you a very different story, but today, this is the reality. Maybe you had a touch of grace from VNA and now you are lovely and so grateful with them, so now you want to please and kiss them back ( i will not say here the real name of this ) so i guess you heart is not broken yet. Anyway, there will be always people like you everywhere. Last month 2 more of my friends left the company. They didn't like what they see, after just a few months flying with them... I told them, but they wanted to try, and then they told me, i should have listen your words. So, again, i was broken heart, as you said

And to finish, can't believe your question, really. I am surprised about how ignorant is the people sometimes. Anyway, to acculturate yourself a bit more, as everybody knows SFO means Senior First Officer. You sound suspiciously as a local!! But anyway, Good luck and congrats, you learned one more thing today. You are welcome!!!

Last edited by Yesse; 1st May 2019 at 04:17.