PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2019, 21:18
tophat27dt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mik3bravo
Last time I was at the security clearance area at SEN a passenger in front of me in the queue was talking to a couple in front of him and he said he actually works at Stansted on the security clearance and he said SEN is used as a training location for new security clearance personnel before they are despatched elsewhere. Of course I have nothing to support his comments other than I overheard him.saying this.

Does anyone on this chat forum have any insight into whether or this is a true comment?

I'm also a regular traveller and I share identical experiences. I use a Gate8 cabin approved bag which includes it's own regulation approved liquid clear sealed bag - only airport in the world where I'm asked to empty it and place in an airports own bag, repeatedly occurs only at SEN.

I wear regular smart laced shoes, again never been a problem at any airport body arch scanners, except at SEN, I'm constantly requested to remove and scan my shoes - no metal plates in them btw, just regular Clarks black shoes I wear in the office.

I do think this might all be part of their training environment if that's in fact part of the SEN security clearance role.
I do hope that you, who have written good examples of what's not being done correctly, have written to Stobart at LSA and asked for an explanation. I doubt if they read this forum.