PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS Ireland SAIL
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2019, 20:33
2unlimited

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Whisperfail
The payscales are slightly different in the three Nordic countries, but is somewhere around those number up there. At the moment, as 172 said, it’s actually only 5-6 years to upgrade at one base. But on another it’s 20+ years. The salary for new upgrades is about 6–7000€ including per diem. But they are forced to work 80% which make them only get 80% of that amount.

Any captain at sail working 4/5 that have 5,600€ you think?
Is that salary net, I assume it is.
SFO's at easy make 5000 - 6000 Euro after tax + Bonus + Shares + Fixed Pattern Roster + Pension (some countries have better deals than others regarding pensions)

I personally see very little positives with the seniority system, unless of course you have been in the company for many years. It makes recruitment very limited, and it gives the company excuses to lower TC's for new recruits.
I believe much of the reason SAIL saw daylight, was to give SAS more flexibility with regards to recruitment.

The one thing I have never liked with SAS is the way they have conducted their recruitment the last 6 - 7 years, as it has been to much of who your know, and who you are related to in the company to get a chance of a job there.
Specially Klaus in their recruitment team, he was a real joker, and not in a good way.