PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation jobs T&C, employment/self employment & national laws
Old 29th Apr 2019, 17:48
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@2unlimited: Of course I am the same kind of company as a doctor who is working for just one private clinic and why should I pay more tax than the doctor if I am a pilot?

As for saving money.... the link you pasted is what we pay as a company in state insurance..... not what an employee have to pay. An employee have to pay depending on his salary and end up paying over 5x the social security amount for companies (the employer pay but then reduce the salary accordingly since he have to pay ZUS and not you)....... in exchange for nothing more from the state. So an employee get lower salary cause the employer have to pay even over 5000 PLN per month for social security and the employee need to pay 32 % tax instead of 19 % from which you can deduct your costs.

And you give numbers from the USA for private school, everyone in Poland also people having private businesses are already paying taxes for free schools for their children. Of course many send them to private schools but it does not even cost 1/5 of the US price in Poland. As for private insurance its definitely not 5000 PLN per month the amount is like 300 PLN per month and private accountant is 300 PLN per month I do know cause I pay it. As for pension the airline will provide you NO PENSION if you are employee in Poland..... man the pension you get or sick leave is from the ZUS you are paying. And pensions ZUS will give you will be like peanuts because its already almost bankrupt. As for sick leave a private insurance will give you a lot more than ZUS or the state ever would in case you have an accident.....

Oh and I do not believe everyone is draining THE STATE for money if there is a social welfare system in a country. I believe the are draining people like pilots, doctors, businessmen, carpenters, plumbers you name it, for money that they have to pay to fund their welfare and to fund state administration and the politicians. Poland have no welfare state cant you get it? There is no welfare state so you do not miss on anything if you are employed as a company. As for brexit feel free to vote for it, personally I would be happy if the EU turned back to what it was in the beginning just an economical union allowing companies to invest anywhere freely. Other than that before EU pilots in Poland was much more of an elite profession than today so it would definitely not harm us if all prices fell its only a problem for those who wish to work other places not for those who wish to stay.

Summarizing: The airline got a pot to pay salaries for pilots, this pot depends upon a lot of stuff including how many pilots wish to work there and how many they need. So if the company got for example 100 000 Euro to pay a captain per year then it will not pay 120 000 if they have to employ the captain as an employee. What will happen is that they still pay 100 000 just first they pay for ZUS and the rest goes to the captain who have to pay 32 % tax for it as an employee. If the captain gets employed as a company he still get the 100 000 Euro and pay just about 1300 PLN for ZUS per month plus pay 19 % tax and he can deduct his costs from this tax so real tax will be lower. Do you understand that it means the captain will get a better salary as a company? The airline is not going to pay 120 000 Euro just because they are forced to employ people they will pay the same as long as there is an equal amount of pilots who wish to work there. They will still pay the same and you just get less in your pocket.

And as for race to the bottom I already explained it can be done with employees on employee contracts even easier. Its all up to pilots what terms and conditions suit them and its not a employed / self employed thing. Forcing everyone to be employed you just rob pilots of their netto salary transferring it to the government of the state where they live or work depending on the law, nothing else happens.